Friday, November 28, 2008

"The beggar"

Why do you hit the wall, boy
Your heart won't hurt less
Accept these words I tell you
or else your life'll be a mess

I've crushed my knuckles
brought others my own pain
but as my hairs went gray
I figured it was all in vain 

I know fighting the battles
doesn't work all the time
and that the hills of the fall
are not so easy to climb

Days will keep on coming
No matter what you do
So why make them hurt
Others will feel it too

Do not beg for all you want
it doesn't help, you know?
walk out and seize the day 
seeds grow better if you sow

So how to escape sorrow?
How do you manage the plow
everything'll be alright child
Just you follow this my "tau"

Act upon yourself my son
as you want to be acted upon
Stop hurting your mind and body
or the pain will just go on

Why do no one else love you
is that what you do ask?
I say it's hard to love the one
who always wears a mask

When you scream out the words
you scream at your own heart
"why me, why god, why now"
now is that really so smart?

You may say all the pain
is caused by those around
but you are mistaken child
they keep you safe and sound

My friends, I've lost em all
My family, they left, them too
So listen to me closely
Learn from the cards I drew

If I could say one thing
it knew what it would be
Carpe diem my young lad
Or you'll end up just like me

So if you're feeling broken
or simply down on your knees
don't fall down that hole cause'
morning carries a new breeze

Now I leave you to your fate
I've said what I got to say
But now that I am done
Spare some change if you may

2 comments:

Nyllet said...

Genuint nice :)

Salkin said...

Tackar ;)